Travel Insurance

The University of California offers travel insurance that provides coverage for a wide variety of accidents and incidents for faculty, staff, and students traveling on university business. It also covers spouses/domestic partners and dependents traveling with the university participant. Insurance coverage includes basic medical care, medical evacuation and security extraction. All travelers taking trips outside the state and to foreign countries should register for the University of California Traveler Insurance Coverage. Upon completing the online application, travelers have the option to register for a service that provides real time intelligence and travel alerts through Worldcue Traveler.

For further information you can also consult UC Berkeley’s Office of Risk Management.